Saturday, December 18, 2010

My dream job

Someone asked me what my dream job would be...

As a kid, I had always known only 3 main professions: Doctor, Engineer and Laywer. Those days we never really heard people talk about anything beyond those three streams. When I was at school, the professional white coat caught my attention and I thought one day I should be a doctor.

As I grew, the computer revolution that took place changed my thought of becoming a doctor and I visualized myself many a times in the best of western formals, working on an classy notebook in a neat cabin.I had to re-think about my career. I wanted to become a computer engineer.

The day finally came when I graduated from college as a Computer engineer but I knew in due course that coding was'nt my cup of tea. Damn it!!!

What next after graduation? Of course a job, that's wat I wanted. I thought I was good at communication and never had the interest in learning the programming techniques nor was good at it. That left me with an option to join the BPO segment in a reputed MNC. Why would I turn the offer down. I chose the support field and found it to be interesting for a while. Then, I had nightmares of the verbatim open scripts, sleepless nights, lead the life of a US citizen in India and of course with the Indian Salary. Cheap labor, you see...The support job no more interested me.

I had to re-think about my career and I thought I have to get into an interesting job in which I could build my career. This time I experimented in the analytics field. My recruiters thought I had some common sense and thats the key to getting a job in this segment of the industry. Hurray, so from the support field, I switched my career to Business analytics. I think I am quite content in this field as of now to earn my bread and butter but is this my so called "DREAM JOB"? Not Really.

I have a passion towards travelling and my dream job would be to be a part of the "Travel and Living" crew. I would love to explore places, meet new people, learn their culture, try new cuisines, adapt to new environments etc.... Being practical, I know this would come true only in my DREAMS for whatever reasons.
No wonder this is my DREAM job :)

No comments: