Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The transformed Shopoholic

When the girl in the green scarf was questioned as to why she shops so much, she replies saying "The world gets better when I shop". I played the role of Rebecca Bloomwood for quite some time in reality. Yes, shopping excites me. Its a girl thing and a known fact.

There were times when I had accompanied friends for their shopping and had ended up buying stuffs more than them. It so happened that I had gone for a stroll and the manequins in the showrooms tempted me enough to pick their cool collections on sale and I had overwhelmingly acknowledged them. Everytime I step out during the weekends I never fail to bring in a new baggage along irrespective of whether I actually use those things purchased.

Its been quite some time that I did some massive shopping. These days when I come across the showrooms or any outlet for that matter I dont have the excitement to go and check out every damn thing out there and I dont find the value for money in most of the stuff on sale. For some reasons I am not finding anything great either. Have I lost the sense of fashion or have I become matured enough to decide between what I really need and the junkie stuff which remains as the abondoned ones forever in the wardrobe occupying the space for the heck of it. I think its the latter.

In the end it gives a sense of good feeling that I now know what I need to buy and what not to...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh same here Sweetz... Shopping makes me feel sooo happy.. Btw, Love the Shopaholic picture in this piece. Isla Fisher so suits Becky's role... Oh and I guess this is your stagnant period.. Beware ;) U cannot have enough dresses, shoes, handbags, perfumes, watches, RIGHT??

IJ said...

I totally agree.. Maybe its just a phase...